03-08-2011, 12:04 PM   #3
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
what i thought was strep throat, turned out to be mono. my throat is killing me and i get really bad cold sweats at night followed by having mucus in my throat which will not unclear. just pure pain and discomfort and i only get about 4 hours of sleep max until i give up on it.

i haven't gone to the gym for a week, going to school is a bitch, and i can't eat anything as even water is hard for me to swallow.

every online source says rest and it goes away but, for those that had mono can i do anything else? can i at least go to the sauna/steam room for like an hour?

fuck this shit blows...
Sorry man, nothing that can be done other than riding it out and checking in with a doctor.

If it's really troubling you, you SHOULD talk to your doctor about prescription pain medications/symptom relievers. Lozenges and hot tea can help a bit with the sore throat, but have really fleeting effects. He might even prescribe you some anti-inflammatory medications. BUT, key point is you gotta see a doctor. Anything that is available OTC is just for minor symptom relief.

You need to try and eat and drink as much as you can. While your body is trying to recover and fight the infection, you're at a higher metabolic state, and you run the risk of losing an enormous amount of weight and becoming dehydrated. If you really can't eat or drink anything for a significant amount of time, you'll need to go the ER and get placed on IV fluids.

Good luck, and get better
Appreciate 0