Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 328i Sport 6MT

Garage List
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 Skye View Post
This is a few months late...
but yes I agree the DWS is very soft and makes the car feel imprecise on turn in. I had a set on my wife's IS250. They were VERY comfortable for a long drive though. We live in dallas and drove that thing to Breckenridge Colorado and back and ride was great. I have a set of Conti DW on my 330i and they performed as advertised. Not nearly as crisp as RE050 or PS2 (previous tires i've had) and slightly less crisp than Sumitomo HTRZIII (also previous tire) but they are WAY more comfortable than those. And since I don't autoX or track my car anymore (got a 150k miles... lol) the conti DW fit what I need for daily driving and having moderate comfort while still having pretty good to really good performance (just may not be as crisp at the limit).

That being said, looks like you need an All season tire with where you live. From everything I've heard from reviews and a couple friends who have made the purchase the new Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 is as crisp and responsive as a true max performance summer tire while still giving you some benefits of an all season tire. They may not be the best in snow but looks like they're good in rain and some colder temps. Might want to look into those. They are a bit more pricey than other All Seasons though... I did have a set of the Michelin A/S 2 Plus and they were EXCELLENT all season tires, very quiet while still having relatively good performance (not quite the level of the DW but definitely better than the DWS as far as handling benefits)

good luck!
Thanks!
Appreciate 0