View Single Post
      01-12-2019, 12:46 PM   #16
renizer
Private
Austria
Rep
Drives: '10 E91 335xi N55 MT6

Hmm, so all brake functions are in the DSC / DXC modules huh? Interesting thought, there might indeed be some small differences in that regard between RWD and xDrive models then. And maybe some differences are also only in the coding between the two..
But as you say, with regular, slight braking this shouldn't have any effect anyhow! Interesting...I could swear I felt that even just feathering it, driving down the slight compression from my workshop. Doing the same after fixing that pad wear sensor cable, the brakes felt completely different.

I think what juld0zer said about the hydraulic compensation of the pad wear makes sense as far as the additional "travel" goes. But maybe they are also compensating for worse friction coefficient, reduced pad effect or something like that, so I could see a slightly higher line pressure reasonable.

However, I still think the case I experienced was simply a "full retard" fallback to worse case assumption of 'metal-on-metal' braking without the pad sensor info.
Appreciate 0