View Single Post
      06-02-2013, 02:39 PM   #5
monkins
Rep
Drives: bmw 320d e92 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali-323i View Post
Looking good! I'm in the process of installing my sub in the same fashion. Was originally going to use a 12w0 I had lying around, before realizing it was 8-ohm. Going to purchase a 12w3 4-ohm now instead.

Curious to know if you modified the cover piece at all? Does it rattle / shake from the woofer output? Is there enough clearance so the woofer doesn't hit the board? Does the board block any sound?

I was thinking of making a cut out in the board and using a grill to protect the woofer, but curious to hear what you've done.

Good luck with the rest of your setup!
THeres a rattle coming from under the battery somewhere but you can't here it in the cabin. When making the box I had to take the bottom off and make it 3/4" lower than expexted as the back of the handle touched the plastic surround of the sub. . Ive read a post saying that they did a blind test with the cover on and off and it just could not be recognised the difference. So I dont think the panel had any effect. There must be 1/4" gap between the top of the sub and the panel. No rattles.
Appreciate 0