View Single Post
      01-17-2012, 10:39 AM   #1
UsnRoberts
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i sport

Dealership Experience - Battery question

I don't have anyone else to tell my stories to except here. Read if you would like! Help if it makes you feel good inside.

I took my 08 328i the dealer yesterday to have the battery replaced under warranty. It was not holding a charge but for a week or so then i would have to rejump. Did this for a month before I decided I needed to fork over the cash for a new one. I went and got a battery and came here for a DIY. The first post I saw was that they were warranty'ed up through 50k ect.
So off to the dealership. I drop and they say no problem!
They call me the next day and say someone has tampered with the battery leads and the "pyrotechnics" have done off so it needs to be replaced. The car cannot go to sleep properly at night and that is what is causing the dead battery. Total "$754 U.S."
Now, I am an depot electronics tech for the military. SO i know a thing or two about electronics in aircraft and in general. (I dont know everything though) But I do know pyrotechnics is not an electronics term. Shit, thats an ordinance term and last i checked they arn't putting fucking fireworks in the trunk either.
SO... I go here. http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...46&hg=61&fg=30
Every single part there does not cost $754 (+40% markup) and $1xx per hour labor they charge. Id assume if anything is blown it would be the fuse in the power distribution box. Am I right or are they right?
Appreciate 0