View Single Post
      11-27-2012, 07:10 AM   #522
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep
Drives: fast, sometimes slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL Bimmer View Post
Ya I want to put a catless x-pipe. If niqui passed, I think it shouldn't be a problem cuz he's catless with aftermarket exhaust! Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
Bigger sound tricks you into thinking you are going faster than you actually are But you do get more power, just not noticeable by the butt dyno.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL Bimmer View Post
Catless X-pipe, more noise, more power lol

Also im thinking of getting a meisterschaft GT2 exhaust with catless x-pipe but i don't think I'm gonna go anywhere without getting pulled over haha way too loud

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=r...&v=KBjBP4TNvKU

Sigh. Gentlemen.

Exhaust gives almost no power difference. You are looking at, at best, 10hp or so, especially on an untuned NA car. If you were going straight pipe then fine, but since you aren't, it will do nothing. Now... Chris already has a Bastuck exhaust, so any additional power gain has already been collected - therefore the delta will be zero.

I am a mod whore, so I have a little bit of experience with this, but can we bury that subject once and for all? It gives TONS more noise, but Chris's car already sounds great. It doesn't need more noise. And for the $2-3K that it will cost...... you could do three track days at $300 per day, hire a hooker for $500 and rent the W Wow Suite... and ... and ... buy an iPhone. I dunno. I'm just trying to illustrate that there are better ways of wasting the $3K (oh, and I should mention save cop tickets. I just gave up fighting the one I got 2 years ago with a stupid AA exhaust and paid it).

Btw - bro, I know you want to mod this car. I guess if you got a stock one it would at least make sense. But it has been premodded (well!) for you already so I honestly don't think there is any benefit in modding it differently

But in the end, yeah. Your car, your dolla