View Single Post
      05-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #30
fireline43
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I was not talking about any area in particular just Miami in general. However some of my friends that dont speak spanish live in Miami Lakes, Coconut Groove/Aventura, North Miami Beach. When I lived there I lived near the airport and South Beach although I do not count myself as I do speak spanish.

One of those friends I mentioned actually likes to smoke cigars. His favorite thing to do is go down to little havana and go to the small cigar shops they have there (now definitely no english here) and hang out with the owners, smoke cigars and drink cuban coffee. How they communicate for an hour or two (how long it takes to smoke a cigar) I don't know. They might just sit in silence. I will have to go with him sometime.

Actually I would say one of the things I miss about Miami (maybe more Miami Beach specifically) is the fact that you have people from all over the world. I was at a party at my friends house a few weeks back and it was awesome. We had cuban (just me lol), french, columbian, serbian, macedonian, croatian, egyptian, american, german, spanish all at this one place having a great time.
nice, yea you def get the multi cultural aspect. The cigar friend story was funny to me because I have friends like that also. They will go to places and do that but they have no idea what's going on.
I can respect cultures, i think it's more I miss florida 10-15 years ago. Me and my wife have actually been talking about moving to the west coast because it's slower and more relaxed. Mind you we are only 30, but we both grew up away from the miami lifestyle. It seems that miami lifestyle is creeping north also, so it's getting kind of annoying for us. Like driving has changed over the last couple years. The housing market downfall with people that shouldnt have bought a house in a nice area were able to. (when i say that I mean people who buy a house in a nice area because they have cash, but then they don't keep up the house and it's trashy). We live in coral springs right now, and it's pretty much opa locka overfill in our neighborhood right now.

Broward/miami governments are horrible also. Blantent corruption but no one really seems to care down there.
Appreciate 0