View Single Post
      02-27-2016, 07:01 PM   #1
08njSTEP
Captain
Rep
Drives: '07 335i, '66 SS396 Chevelle

getting back into camera's looking for advice

I used to shoot a good bit with my Minolta x700, but film is dead now. I'm looking at a new digital SLR purchase. The technology is SO different from film I'm a little lost. I've read a bit and talked with salesman at shop so I'm getting a good bit of info toward purchase. I shoot motorsports, landscape, and architecture mostly, but I'm interested in starting incognito street shoots. I was pointed toward a Sony 6000 mirror less. Small and full of features. Built in flash, auto winder(or whatever its called without film), adjustable viewfinder(flips 90° for stealth shoots), and of course the standard exposure controls (a,p,m). I really like the mirror less idea. Also the Sony has built in WiFi so I can print direct from camera without needing a computer. Since Sony bought Minolta I don't feel like a traitor. The price is nice, on sale for $550 body/lenses, or $750 body & 2 lenses. The sale price comes up randomly and will not be available in march. So I will have until April to decide. I'm looking for experienced advice on digital cameras, and other criteria I should investigate in order to get the right camera for my needs. I have an open budget but don't want to pay M6 price when a 328 is all I need. I want the right tool not overkill. Any advice should be phrased for a novice as I really am on digital. Thank you in advance for any help.
Appreciate 0