View Single Post
      09-21-2005, 07:03 PM   #31
agarbati
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90, Saph Blk 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username18
At my university you can appeal to the dept. of transportation. They give you one freebee per car, I dont know if that applies to a handicapped spot, but I know it applies to all other fines. Also if you appeal you may want to mention that you thought the parking was only in affect until 5pm. Most universites ive been to the parking zones are reserved for special permits till 5pm(but its also labeled like this). Anyway these suggestions are all longshots because you obviously should never park in a handicapped spot and that is common knowledge, but you dont have much to lose. Just go to the university website and see if they have a transportation link. You should find info and maybe even appeal it online(depending on how modern the institution is).
They did that at my University too. My University cop dept let me off with a warning.

But don't call or e-mail. If I were you, I'd go in person and try to talk to their director or someone with the power to let you off with a warning. Tell them you were gone for 5 minutes and had the car in sight all the time. Besides point out the fact that they've got the wrong license plate to somewhat put them on the defensive during your argument.
Appreciate 0