View Single Post
      01-06-2013, 08:22 AM   #2
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

So, I'd be concerned that the pothole damaged more than just the spring. If it broke the spring then what else did it do? The aluminum thrust arms can break from pothole damage too. You should have everything checked. I’d replace the thrust arms with new M3 parts (they are about $30 per side more expensive). The stock E90 thrust arms have hydraulic bushings that eventually wear out and cause vibration in the front end when braking.

But to answer your question, Bilstein makes good replacement shocks/struts for BMWs. I replaced my OEM sport suspension with OEM parts because BMW offered the sport suspension conversion kit for the E90 at a firesale price a few years ago. But if I were to redo the suspension now, I'd go with Bilstein's. My car is my daily driver too.

I rebuilt the suspension on my wife's Z3 (152,000 miles), which was way past tired, in 2011, with Bilstein shocks/struts and H&R sport springs, and man what a difference it was; even from the original BMW suspension when it was new. Her car handles so much better now, and the suspension control of mid-corner bumps is just stupendous.
Appreciate 0