View Single Post
      05-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #5
montr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d, 2018 430i G-Coupe

I do not know what would have been the cost out of warranty but I imagine it is very high.

Out of warranty, will we have to replace parts over parts until it solve the problem? Here in Atlanta, I do not need an annual inspection to make sure my check engine light is not ON. Maybe I can live with the check engine light ON, put black tape over it and ignore it.

On my car the DDE was not replaced but erased and reflash to fix the problem. Over the course of its life, my 2010 335d DDE has been reflashed few times. I do not think there is any thing wrong with the engine but I think the software bugs are not totally ironed out of this North American version (i.e. pollution control).

As I mentioned in a previous post, I had a limp mode with my car after the new software was loaded but no check engine light. I also experienced recently the same rough idle as before but no SES light. I went check for codes and I found the same code as before except that now they are pending codes (fault need to repeat x times to trigger SES light).
Appreciate 0