03-16-2012, 09:54 AM   #4
Ackrite
The Wizard
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 335i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDiner View Post
You've come to the right place, there are plenty of knowledgeable folks that will help you. Here's some background that will help in the meantime: BMW started installing the Combox (hardware) in September of 2010 on 2011 models, and ConnectedDrive (software) started getting installed in March 2011. So, if by some fluke your car's manufacture date is outside those dates, that would explain the situation.

Assuming your car is the correct "vintage" (and therefore has the combox hardware), it sounds like it doesn't have the coding/programming for ConnectedDrive.

Since you bought this car new from the dealer, it is all on them to make sure the car has the options it was represented to have. I would put all the onus on them to get this straight - after all, it's a brand new car and it's not showing the options for which you paid!
Diesel,

Thank you for your thoughts! I appreciate it very much...that's why I love this forum.

My car's build date is August of 2011...so from what you mentioned above, it should have all the correct coding. But alas, something is off, as "ConnectedDrive" is no where to be found. I have a call into my CA and am awaiting a call back to get the ball rolling on this. Are the options listed on a window sticker ever wrong? Or is it more likely that everything I need is already in the car but there's just something wrong with one or more pieces?

Thanks again.
'00 e46 323i *retired*
'84 e23 733i *retired*
Appreciate 0