LEA69
BORRIS the BMW!
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 MSPORTS & BMW E34 535i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgr02 View Post
Good timming. I'm looking at buying a nav at the moment as well. So far, i'm leaning towards the TomTom one (V2) on sale at Harvey Norman for $499 at the moment and Whereis has a $50 rebate. It's got a 3.5" screen and it's pretty compact. This unit has been around for a while and everyone rates them highly. I do suspect that a replacement is around the corner with the bigger 4.3" screen. Ultimatly, at $449 (after rebate) it sounds like a good deal. I don't know about maps but since these are on SD card, you might get a good deal on one by going to Ebay France or UK and see what's listed there.
wow, theyve come down a lot in price. I bought my 3 years ago though and it was fairly new then. I paid close to $1k for mine. 3.5" screen, with remote/ mounts etc... the usual. Cheap to get them nowadays which makes getting the BMW nav a real expensive 'option' when buying the car. But sometimes, i wished I had it built in, looks so much nicer.
I cant complain though, my partner hardwired the power plug thru the air vent in the top of dash, so all you see is 1 inch of cord sticking into the Navman on the windown mount. So neat!