croaker
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
i'm getting really sick of the F1 drama
Hell it is the only thing making this year interesting. I mean we all know who is going to win the championship at this point.

I'm thinking I may be able to see the Button crowned when I'm at Spa at the end of August.

Anyway, it is becoming increasingly clear that the teams are just tired of dealing with Max. Whatever the reason for this, and no matter how you feel about Max, he has a point.

The F1 Championship is owned and organized by the FIA. The teams apply to be let into the competition every year, and agree to follow the rules laid out by the FIA. So Max is within his rights to say "These are the rules and if you don't like them too bad." He has already said that if there is no agreement they will likely cancel the F1 championship for next year. However, this is very bad business. This is why Bernie will ultimately throw Max under the bus.

I personally think the FIA is a broken organization that makes no sense, and Max is a big part of that problem. So maybe this is a necessary culling process.