05-06-2014, 07:02 AM   #11
StealYourFace
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M 6mt, E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM330i View Post
I've had a 3.38 LSD from Diffsonline for about 5-1/2 years. I used to track my car pretty heavily and it made a tremendous difference. On the street it works great too. It really allows you to use all of the car most of the time. The added traction with our engine is unbelievable. Unless you're making a hard turn from a stop, the tires really hook up and push you forward, especially out of lower speed turns. It was very hard to get oversteer in my 330 on the track with R-comps (basically I had to trail brake LATE to unbalance the car to get the back end to slide around - throttle oversteer was/is non-existant).

I'm not sure what rpm's I'm running at 70mph, but cruising at 80mph is no issue at all. The car really pulls hard in 6th at that speed too.

I wanted to go with a 3.46 too, but there weren't any available. I know swapping in a 335 rear diff has more issues due to mounting bolts and the actual size of the rear diff as well.

The issue with using the 335i carrier is the drive shaft. If I remember correctly, we had to use the back part from an e36 M3 to make it work.