View Single Post
      11-25-2008, 04:21 PM   #675
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckBimmer View Post
I am looking for a tire dressing that will give a "wet" look. I have tried Z16 and looking for a shiner look but do not want a silicone based product. I am looking at bright n bold, opti tire gel, and meguirs. I would love recommendations. Thanks in advance.
Not sure how I overlooked this thread for a few days, but I apologize for the delayed reply.

From the products you mentioned, Bold 'n Bright probably will have the lowest gloss. The one thing I do like about PBW BnB is how easy it is to apply since the tires seem to drink up the dressing. It's very uniform and has a semi-gloss look to it if you apply the dressing liberally. If you buff this product though, it's very matte.

Opti-Bond Tire Gel will give you a wetter look and chances are will last longer for you than Bold 'n Bright. I would think two coats of Optimum would fit your needs quite nicely.

One thing I'd like to point out, to get the most out of any tire dressing, you should properly prep your tires before applying the dressing. This entails degreasing your tires to rid contamination and previous tire dressings. A good option would be the Optimum Power Clean or Poorboy's Bio-APC.

I don't have any experience with the Meg's dressing, so I can't give you much insight on that. Hope this helps, sorry again for the delayed reply, maybe it pushed your order back so you can take advantage of our up coming 25% off sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
-Meguiars gold car soap for normal washing.
-Meguiars fast wax/quick detailer for waxing and touch up
-Meguiars leather cleaner for interior leather
-Meguiars wheel spray for shiny tires
-Black Magic anti-dust for the interior trim

Ive never used clay bars or wheel wax or anything else besides what I posted. Anything I am missing or should change. Anything wrong with my setup.

Ive noticed some spiderweb or swirl marks in the paint. I dont know their proper name, basically just real small lines that are only noticeable when really close which I need to fix if possible. Thanks
There's nothing wrong with what you have posted up Prowess Symphony, but you can almost always take things one step further. Adding things like a clay bar to properly prep your paint and polishes to remove imperfections can improve your results quite a bit. Claying your paint after a wash will help rid your paint of embedded contamination that is typically not removed during a wash. This will help your wax last longer and if you opt to polish, help your polishing process produce the best results.

The spiderweb / swirl marks you are seeing are imperfections in your clear coat. In order to properly remove them, you need to polish your paint, preferably with a quality buffer, such as the PC 7424 or a Flex XC 3401 VRG. Here's a link to our polishing guide, which helps explain what those imperfections are, how they got there, and how to properly remove them. I'd recommend using the Menzerna line of polishes to remove the imperfections in your paint. Most of the time, swirls and spider webs require at least a two step polish combo to remove them. A good starting point is Intensive Polish followed by Final Polish II or the next upgrade from that would be Super Intensive Polish followed by PO106FF.

The best thing you can learn is the proper technique and process. I'd recommend looking over our how-to guides for a good understanding of the major auto detailing steps and how they can help improve your results.

If there's anything specific you'd like me to get into, please do not hesitate to ask.

Cheers,

George
Appreciate 0