jtmccabe
Commoner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i sedan

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by raceyBMW View Post
JB1 and Logic HVI (Intake). With 102mph and 14.2, your launches were probably not great. And also remember guys, I am AT, so launches for me come a little easier. I did find that I need to manually shift before redline to get the best times. Running the car to redline gave me the 14.2, where when I shifted at 5500-6000 RPM gave me the 13.9. The ET mph # is more representative of your HP, where the 1/4mile time represents more your launch.

Your 60' times are the real indicator of your launch, the really good launches should be getting ~1.8s or below, where I was getting ~2.2s. Still have some work to do on the launch, but all in all I think it went pretty well for my first time out.
Okay, glad to hear you're not stock! I think autos also have an advantage because they shift so much faster and that more than makes up for the weight/loss penalty with this much power.

I know my launches haven't been great. I think my 60' times were usually around 2.5s or so. My first day was with forza when I couldn't hook up at all because of the cold. My second day the traction was much better but I wasn't launching aggressively enough because I was afraid of fishtailing like I did the first time. Definitely need to give it another try one of these days.
2008 335i sedan | 6MT | Dinan S2 flash | Titanium Silver/Black leather/Burl walnut | Sport | Premium | CW| CA | Nav | HD Radio | iPod/USB | Sirius | PDC | Style 162/230 (winter/summer) | M3 steering wheel | ZHP shift knob | Blacklines | Lux 4.0 | etc.

Appreciate 0