View Single Post
      03-20-2009, 01:15 AM   #10
iPodAddict
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickrat View Post
I purchased the Injen Dual Cone Intake from BOBBY@BAVARIANX.COM, about 3 weeks ago. I had installed it as soon as I got it.

I can say absoloutly nothing negative about this product.

-STRONG POINTS

-EASY INSTALLATION- (Took About 30-45 min(if you are good w/ tools)

-HI GRADE HARDWARE- (Matches all threads where stock holes are)

-CLEAN INSTALL- (No drilling cutting)

-GREAT SOUND- (YOU CAN HEAR THE RECIRCULATING VALVES) WOOSH!

-WARRANTY- FULL WARRANTY THROUGH INJEN(on what? I dnt know,filters?)

-I cannot say enough about the quality and sound of this intake..

I am posting pictures soon as soon as my comp stops freezing.. Good stuff Worth Every $$

PS: 14 WHP Gain On a DynoDynamics dyno...proven by me!!

I recently got mine and installed it as well.

However I will have to disagree with the "easy installation" part... the install document that comes with the intake has to be the worst documentation I have ever followed.

I could have made something with a lot less pages and pictures printed and STILL be far easier to follow.

Also the metal bracket you're supposed to support the stock power-steering pump line with as well as the intake pipe connection joint (with the rubber / vibration eliminator piece)... the stock screw/washer that is supposed to be on the left side (closest to the front of the car) would not have enough threads to catch on. I had to grind down that metal piece (L bracket part) that goes against the shock tower between the power steering pump line bracket.

Took me all in all about 2 hours to do it. If I was going to re-do it again, it would take probably 20 minutes now knowing what needs to be done to make things as smooth sailing as possible.