03-18-2016, 02:57 PM   #17
joshe92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackforever View Post
I never thought about I need a dash-cam before, but after my friend had an accident recently, that reminded me I should get one just for another "insurance". My friend fully stopped at the stop sight, but another guy didn't and hit him, they called the police, but that asshole told the police opposite story, said my friend didn't stop and hit him. Because there had no camera and no witness, then my friend had to hire an attorney, even though my friend won the case, but he paid more than he actually claimed.

Too many different brands dash-cam out there, was little confusing at the beginning to choose. I'm traditional shopping guy, I like to go physical store than online. I bought this one from http://www.7daycam.com/ddpai-dashcam...lack-box.html/, because I realized they have office at greater LA area. So I wen to their office to pick it up, they show me different ones, I feel this one mini is the best one overall, size is smaller than I expect and super easy to install. They told me how to hide the hire, nice.

They have 1 year warranty and office just 20 miles away from place. Most importantly, I could straight up to their office if it has any problem.

The definition is awesome, and I like the small form factor and screenshots of the video sold me! I like how you can view the video on your phone, that way I can instantly show people without having to remove the SD card and load it onto my computer. And the little bottom comes with it is interesting, every time you press it, the it takes a picture and 10 seconds video (5 secs before the press and 5 sec after), automatically go to your app when your phone connected the camera.

Installation is super easy, you can either connect to the USB or OBD II. It comes with the USB cable, OBD II cable and a USB car charger with 2 USB ports. I connected it to my OBD II port, basically just hide the wire inside the header and inside the A pillar, then all way down to the OBD II port. I was little lazy to open the rear mirror black box to hire the rest of wire, otherwise would be more clean.

Honestly I feel bad for having this such thing on my car, but we really need especially at LA. If people could be honest, and drive safe, we need none.
Where'd you get the splitters? They look awesome!!

Retired: E92 335i MSport Sapphire black: // aFe intake // Remus quad // AR Downpipe, Secondary cat delete // MHD // BMW PPK // Alpina B3 Flash // Vrsf 5" Stepped IC & CP
Appreciate 0