View Single Post
      03-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #113
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Excited to hear and see it Dave. Mine is rattling fair bit but then again, MS-8 is not properley calibrated! I know the MS-8 has its flaw in that you can only minimise the 'boominess' of the sub not completely alleviate it, but I just gotta' work within my means before expenditure gets out of control! I do wish I kept my previous bit one and learnt how to tune, reading this thread.

My sub plas nowhere enar it's optimal capacity and perhaps that's down to 3/4 aspects:
1 - More sound deadening required (means stripping the entire boot)
2 - Calibrating the MS-8 since I get crackling at higher volumes
3 - Amplifier gains are only to half way way (not sure how big a difference that makes)
4 - Rebuilding the sub box as per JL's dimensions. The box I have came from a 10w7 and I have fitted in a 12w7.

I'm dead keen to hear both your's and Sumil's sounds.. your HO box must make the sub play very very low and hard hitting! My car's going in to my installer in the next 2 weeks to have the final boot install touches done, and then I'll post up some pics!

Like the coin box stealth idea of the DRC, I had mine in the cubby hole on the right... love my pennies too much