View Single Post
      09-05-2013, 12:00 PM   #98
Quisp
Does not play well with others
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

OK, Dinan isnt the most powerful tune out there, most poeple who do research before buying a tune are aware if this, if they arent then they didnt check into it.
I had a 2008 Dinan s3(bought it from Steve Dinan) which was running fantastic until a software update from BMW which is when the problem similare to the op's started. It happened with stock but only when flooored in 3rd and 4th, and it was not the most noticeable unless you were one of thos that notic e any little thing.
After the Dinan reflash it became more noticeable. The tune exaqgerated the problem but it was already there.
On a side not for the tune pissing contest that always seems to happen when the word Dinan appears in a post(some people really get into the tune bashing). For those people i have a question, did your tune pay for new injectors, new turbos, new clutches and labor, or anything else that may have gone wrong with your car? How many have been denied warranty work because of thier tune? Hoow many have forgottent ot take out their tune or flash it to stock before going in for service? I never had to worry about any of that. Dinan may cost more but it saved me a metric shitload of money with thier warranty.
That beiing said, go be happy with your tune, and let the other people go be happy with their tune. The op wanted information to help with his decision, as usual much of it was just tune bashing and a lot was not based on personal experiences(some of it was from past Dinan users). I have never had a baby but i hear it hurts. Am i qualified to tell a woman how to have a baby? And she is not able to tell me how it feels to get kicked in the nuts. Get it? I am not qualified to speak about how Cobb or JB works, never had it, so i dont comment on them. I can say I heard from a second cousins third wifes brothers fifth grade teacher something about them but that is not personal experience.
I am not rich, I did not go with dinan because it was most expensive, I went with it because the reapoirs to the car are expensive and there were defnitie known issues that i did not want to have to pay fior later. It was a amtter of pay a little more now, or pay the surprises later. I chose what was best for me. if you dont like it , it really shouldnt matter because you are not driving my car. I may not like the color of your car, but it is your car. thats the beauty of it, choices, options, a variety of things to pick from and make yor own. Isnt it great to have more than one choice?
Had to dredge this up because i am looking into tunes for a 335. It is already out of warranty so I will be looking at cobb, giac or JB4 because in this situation those fit my needs better. There is a reason Dinan has been around for a while, like it or not.