08-19-2011, 12:04 PM   #636
mid-corner fun
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, '22 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepster View Post
Thanks to the help of dsbj and a few others, I was able to get my AiM Solo DL hooked up to the ECU of my 2007 E92 335i 6MT this past weekend at Thunderhill. You can see the video below - watch the oil and water temps as I go through just a few hot laps. I was in the 280 to 290 range for a while after everything got going. Note, this was with the original Cobb AccessPort Beta for the 2007's in Stage0 (stock boost) mode since I didn't like the Stage1 power handling (too abrupt/unpredictable).

The next day I tried the updated Cobb in Stage1 mode and it Limp'd me on the second session even though temps were lower (270-280 range). I completely detuned and removed the Cobb for the last two sessions and had normal temps (I think, need to double-check the data and post) for those runs. This is with the stock oil cooler and running between 95 and 100 degrees ambient.

nice run. I'm guessing based on the oil temps you're using stock cooling?

details on the ECU hookup please, where did you mount the Aim and how/where did you run the OBD cable?

I'm using trackmaster with a bluetooth Qstarz GPS and then off to Dashware for analysis/video integration but I have no hookup to the ECU for temps, would love to get that info in somehow!
Appreciate 0