View Single Post
      12-30-2012, 08:26 PM   #6786
Ænema
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerg35335 View Post
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have seen your thread in the past. They are awesome numbers!!! I only have 1 station with e85 near me so I will always fill up at that location. I was hoping that with the tune being done in the winter I should be safe in the summer due to higher ethanol content (that is if there is any difference), but that is just speculation. I have no problem keeping an eye on logs, just don't want to test fuel before I fill up. I didn't want to have to worry about doing a pull and having my car go boom right after a fill up. Lol. You say you were etuned for over a month. What are you running now? Were there any drawbacks to the tune other than gas mileage. Again, I appreciate your advice.
You're right with your line of thinking. Getting tuned for a slightly lower ethanol content than normal is the easiest way to ensure consistancy and safety.

It's always best to ensure timing corrections are MINOR(or nonexistent) but worse case scenerio the DME has the ability to pull as much timing out as required(i'm not suggesting it's a 100% guaranteed failsafe but the fact engines weren't grenading daily with the way the piggys used to ride the knock sensor proves it's damn good at it.)