View Single Post
      06-19-2016, 09:55 AM   #35
SE7EN335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 XDrive, 2023 IX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashedUpBogan View Post
even more important than having JB4 on map 0 is that you do not open or close the doors or boot whilst flashing. It'll stop your flash and you'll have a bricked DME. Something even more important is to make sure you back up your stock DME bin file (follow easy steps in MHD app) BEFORE you flash. If you stuff either of these up, it's not the end of the world but you'll have a car that won't work until you reflash the car properly and you can use other people's stock bin files but it won't be ideal
I have done exactly what you said. By opening the door when the car was still flashing and the flashing process got interrupted but the MHD app is developed so well that it makes your DME go into recovery/protection mode so to avoid it getting bricked so that the next time you plug the MHD in, it will say that the flashing process has been disrupted and you will have to rewrite the whole map again. My android tablet has even turned off from low battery when I was flashing and was still able to recover the DME and flash it again. Gotta love MHD! They did a terrific job with the app's development
Appreciate 1