08-20-2012, 11:07 PM   #10
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitan View Post
I like to believe so that it's like manufactures warranty...but I recently bought my car with 93k on the clock but still offers premium selectin. It did have slight jerk on the transmission when changing gear after I bought the car within the first week. I then booked it in for a checked and initially they wanted to charge me but got away with free check.

I notice within the first day or 2 that my allignment is out too. Do anyone know whether is that come part of the statuetory warranty or I have to pay for that to be fixed?
How do you know the car is out of alignment?

I'm guessing they won't warrant the alignment (if you bought the car last week yes maybe but 3 months ago perhaps not), but it shall depend on the individual dealer and how accommodating they are.

Whilst the majority don't want to know about you once they have your hard earned $, some actually understand that good aftermarket support generally means repeat business from you down the track for purchasing of your future cars and may try to help you out as much as they can.

As the old saying goes it doesn't hurt to ask!

P.S I'm surprised the sales staff didn't go through all of this with you or did you purchase the car privately with the warranty?
Appreciate 0