View Single Post
      07-12-2013, 06:02 AM   #24
chaz_master
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i E92 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaza01 View Post
you don't but needs must and all that. Remember the buyer could be just as skeptical as you so only wanting to hand over the money when the goods are present.
I once had a guy win something I had for sale on ebay and then send the cash via the post recorded delivery?!

Sometimes people really aren't out to scam, then again sometimes they are BUT until you've been scammed you shouldn't be naming and shaming. That said I'm not saying you should trust anyone blindly either. Cash on collection is perfectly fine regardless of who is bringing the cash or from where...just keep your wits about you and if you are worried about counterfeit notes then get one of those pens from the bank.

I paid £7k in £20 notes for a bike once similar reasons (I didn't want to hand over the money before I got the bike and he didn't want to accept a cheque and let me ride away with the bike) We agreed cash on collection and I rocked up cash in hand and and patiently sipped a coffee he made me while he counted and marked every note to check it wasn't counterfeit. Job done and we were both happy.
7k in 20's not 50's?

What do you do again? Don't tell me, import export? Waste management? haha
Appreciate 0