View Single Post
      06-20-2014, 12:33 PM   #16
DAVID,
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Well I don't want to remove the intake. As previously mentioned, I think I found it, however I can't get the pin to come thru the hole, its the right diameter but the pin goes in 1/4 inch and stops, I rotate the crank to see if it aligns and I am now questioning if this is the hole (I can't see it, going by feel, sticking my arm down thru driver side brace area and contorting my arm, it seems like its the hole from one picture in the manual, however another picture shows a 2nd hole by the hole you pin.... Does my location sound correct? Just under starter motor in the corner under the flanged lip of rear left side cylinder head. I removed some piece of plastic earlier on in the process and I think this came from this area, maybe it was a plug and it seemed to be cracked (I theorize a piece might be blocking the hole, if this is indeed the correct hole). Either way I'll figure it out tomorrow, but if there is some reassurance here as to the TDC hole location, it could save me some time. Thanks.
Appreciate 0