View Single Post
      06-27-2014, 11:00 AM   #18
DAVID,
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

I'm working that hole (insert another dirty thought here). I'm sure your tricks to Crank TDC hole are the normal, but my situation is not normal for sure (Sanding the pin, jiggling, cleaning hole, etc. just isn't working) I'm currently working on it before I go in to work (started raining, so here I am). The pin enters about 1/4" max and clinks. I was at first suspicious if this is the right hole and after thorough research it is in fact the right hole. So I then borrowed a friend's borescope device and took a look into the hole. Sure enough the Inner diameter looked rough, flared inwards, etc. This was ever so slightly but definitely an issue. So I made me a little round file rig to clean up the hole (That's where I'm at, it's getting better but taking forever). I also was able to align it at TDC, the Cam shafts were approx 115 degrees off... How the heck. I know I'm in the right position because I removed #1 cylinder spark plug and visually looked at cylinder at highest point and looked through the hole on the crank with my borescope. The only thing now is getting the pin in, so when I torque the crank the hub doesn't slip in turn causing the driveplate to slip slightly (and yes I know to still counter-hold the hub because the pin is not a sufficient counter torque device)... What a pain in the Arse! Thanks for your advice X-Drive, your posts have reassured my thoughts. I'll post again when I make progress.
Appreciate 0