View Single Post
      09-06-2013, 10:49 AM   #20
adamroutley
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 320d M-sport Touring E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by dest View Post
Ah yes, its always heavy and definitely underground!
One thing you can be sure of with my mixes is that I never bash the anthems.
There are far too many over played tunes that are just boring now.
Yes, they are and always will be excellent tunes, but I'm sick of hearing them

Also, I'm from the oldskool mixing era, I use 2 Technics and a mixer, no sync buttons to beat match for you and no preplanned set/mixes nonsense
That is why my mixes have the odd mistake here and there, but that adds to the realism, I gave up trying to do clinically perfect mixes donkeys years ago.
They also usually end up being a bit too boring too!
Give me loooooong Randall style mixes any day or as influenced by Ellis Dee back in 92, lots of chopping.

I don't get on the decks often enough these days due to lack of time, but I'm going to try to put a bit more aside to get a regular mix online
I'm exactly the same, I've had two Stanton STR8-30's for about 10 years now beat up and worked but they still work like a dream! I also have 2 CDJs which rarely get switched on because they may have all the features under the sun but it's just not the same feel!

I've had a look into Serato this afternoon to preserve that vinyl feel! Tempted to flog the CDJ's to make way for that!

When I mentioned Hazard I was strictly talking about before the days of Mr Happy...Cola Cube, Machete, Heads Will Roll! I am from just outside Birmingham though so I'm slightly biased towards him! HA!

ps. I've subscribed to your youtube channel
Appreciate 0