View Single Post
      03-18-2008, 07:36 PM   #13
Chowbow
pew pew
Rep
Drives: 三三五i

Garage List
I can't vouch for the paint quality, only had mine for a few days...

But I had the same experience as steaman. Lots of wheel weights needed to balance out the wheel + tire. If the mounting guy was really patient he could have spun the tire on the wheel to optimize and use less weights but I didn't expect him to do that late in the afternoon, getting $10/hr sweating away in the tire shop.

One rear wheel had to have a ridiculous amount of weights on it to balance out. I didn't count to see exactly how many, but it's a lot, more than I've ever had on ANY wheel/tire combo, and I've had many in the past. On my high end wheels of yore it took very little weight to balance the tires out, since the wheels were so balanced.

Honestly, for $900, you can't expect too much out of them... this whole set of wheels cost less than 1 of my nice forged wheels. I really don't care that much that they aren't perfectly balanced out of the box... It's a cheap wheel that looks pretty nice. I thought about waxing them and taking really good care of them but in the end I see them getting pretty beat up in a year or two (I drive tons of miles) and I'll just replace them.