thegrinchboy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi, '18 X1, '21 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaviorXi View Post
Well I can speak from personal experience that the sloppy feeling over bumps is most definitely the rear sub-frame bushings. Since I am a previous Mitsu Evo owner I was extremely dissatisfied with the xdrive handling. First I had Bilstein and H&R and it was way to stiff and the rear was too tucked. Then I got some Eibachs to match with the bilsteins. Much better drop and much better comfort. Handling was a little softer but still good but the sloppy "disconnected" feeling was getting to me. I had always pondered replacing the rear sub-frame bushings but the cost of the M bushings and rear sway cost a ton when you factor in the install cost. The install was a royal PITA. Everything in the rear must come down and getting the old bushings out and the new bushings in with no proper tool is not an easy task. I have had the bushings and sway in for 3 days and it is exactly the solution to the the problem. Now it feels like the shocks and springs take the hit and not the whole car. It is much more planted and connected to the road. The only complaint I still have is the steering rack ratio leads to not enough aggressive steering response that I enjoyed in my evo. If someone has a solution to that then this will be the perfect car. If you have the $$$ then DO this upgrade. If you think your car doesn't do the things the OP stated then find someone who has done this or come to South Jersey and take my car for a spin and you will realize what everyone was saying.
After a bunch of earlier research and reading through the 1 series and M3 forums, they all pretty much stated your findings above. Unfortunately don't have the $$$ to do the subframe at this time. Need to address the "too much" drop issue first...
Appreciate 0