norMcal
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Porsche GT4 & 2013 VW GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by anerbe View Post
Is 40 the cold pressure value?

Unfortunately, the car's suspension is set up for more daily driving than autocross. Heck, with all the tight turns in an AutoX, the car will behave better on a road track.

Basically, you want to utilize as much contact patch from the tires as possible. Check where the tire is wearing to determine how much you need to adjust the vehicle.

Some off the top things without knowing anything further -

Increase tire stiffness
Increase negative camber
Neutral Toe
Increase roll stiffness (thicker roll bars)
Lower and stiffen suspension (i.e. coilovers)

Yes, 40 is cold pressure value. The tires are wearing heavy around the edges (only the fronts) about a 1/4" passed the line that divides the side wall and the tread. I'm attaching two pictures, one of the front and one of the rear, so you can see the difference in wear.

I'm kind of leaning towards adding negative camber. Do you know what the stock settings roughly are and where I should start going? How does it affect all the other handling?

Stiffer roll bars would be the next best thing and/or AutoX tires. I don't want to spend too much, so coil over is not really and option. I'm leasing the car and only have another 1.5 years left. Not sure if i will keep it after that.

Thanks for your help!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0