09-05-2010, 08:37 AM   #5
StealYourFace
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M 6mt, E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
Rear sway is an expensive job. I would suggest springs for a number of reasons. If autocross is really a priority, I would give Hotchkis and also Harold @ HPAutocross a call to see what they recommend. IMO the 20mm rear anti-sway bar is not appropriate by itself for the 335, because it just amplifies the problems with the open differential. The 330 does not have the same level of torque, but you still are going to be unweighting the inside rear wheel.

Although I am a big fan of planning out an entire system and installing the whole thing one time (saving on labor and alignment in addition to having no weak links), in your case I suggest you try the M3 front control arms first, and some sticky tires. You can adjust under/oversteer balance with tire pressure, although that does not sound as sexy as a bigger rear sway.
I am definately doing the M3 front control arms.

I won't change the springs because it snows here and I don't want the car any lower.. and I drive about 20,000 miles a year so comfort is more important to me that the 6 or 8 auto x events I do.

My car does not have an open differential, I have a 3.64 lsd rear in it.
Appreciate 0