Sal Collaziano
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Raced a Mustang GT

I had a dream this morning that I raced a red 2004 style Mustang GT coming home from the gym. As I was pulling up to a light to make a left on 441, I saw this red Mustang in the left lane a car behind me (I was first in my lane). I took off a TINY bit aggressively just trying to get home in a timely manner. He eventually made it out into the clear and tried to do a fly-by. After I realized it was completely evident that he was going to scream past me, I put my car into DS mode and dropped two gears. I was going about 55 miles per hour (before I hit it) when he was still about 3-4 car lengths behind me. He made it about 4-5 car lengths ahead of me before it took me about 3 seconds to pass him easily..

We pulled up to the next light, both behind other cars, and I rolled down my window. He said, "I didn't know we were racing! I was just trying to get the water off my car!". He was kinda smiling because I'm sure he didn't believe I was falling for it - but you never know. I just laughed and told him to be careful. He ended up turning and did some burning out while chirping through a few gears.

But BOY was that easy! How much faster are the new GTs? Since I believe my dream was extremely accurate in regards to what would have happened in reality, I'm curious...
Attached Images