11-29-2007, 01:09 PM   #27
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
My miswah has hit by a fookin twat lorry driver on a mobile on the m11 two years ago, she had onyl been driving 3 weeks and was scared out of her skin
she was pysically sick when we got her home and couldnt eat for 2 days and had bad whiplash... Luckily a doctor was only a few cars behind. She loved her little 16v fiesta, it was pride and joy. we Searched high and low for a low owner low mileage example which she only had 2 months.. She has another one now. After looking at another 10 to find the right one.. She was scared of going on the M-way for a year. She is a good driver tho, and she got paid out a few months later!

Carlos
Fiesta Si... reminds me of my first car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
Matt, sorry to hear of this & hope you are ok. Please get checked out for whiplash. Definatley looks like your car is better built. Comforting about BMW insurance, glad I'm with them now.

For James, that is bloody awful!! So sorry about your car. Glad to hear you appear to be ok though. I won't rant about foreign lorry drivers, it would take too long.
Yeah I'm fine, it was much more of an audible hit, I'd didn't feel a thing. If I'd had the stereo up loud enough I might not even have noticed. Got a family full of nurses and ex-medical staff so they're making sure I behave and am okay.

I've had a poke around under the back this evening with the old torch (maglite not glovebox) and it all looks surprisingly normal. Even the crash bar with the deformable mounting pillars (see below) looks to be in good nick. All of the exhaust mountings I can see look fine as well. But we'll see what they find when they take it apart.

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d

Last edited by mjh93sa; 12-02-2007 at 01:58 PM..
Appreciate 0