Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 335i M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc@x-ph.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopkins58 View Post
Well I'm pretty much dealing with the money I get for my 2009 with 41k miles. So I don't know if I can afford it. I can afford the maintenance, but I'm not sure about the car. Any insight?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thyshallsmite View Post
yeah that would be a nice trade as well but maybe he wants something a bit more reliable/easier to maintain. 335i is the king of the small sports sedan(minus the m3/amg/rs), though thing does not like you putting miles on it.
Well, I have to say, it all depends on the car you buy.
I would try and buy one with extended warranty (at least a year ahead of the purchase date). If possible I would even extend it further (in time or miles).

you will get your money's worth I promise.

with miles, injectors, pumps, wastegate wear out. All covered by warranty. You'll get a new car using the warranty.

IMHO, a 335i is much more rewarding than a G37. I've been in G37s, and driven a couple. thye are fun, but just not the same. Something is missing on those cars.
After driving the G37, I feel like what is missing is the lack of steering feel and lack of handling compared to the BMW. The NA 3.7 engine is fast in a straight line, but just doesn't convince me. What is a realistic number for my 2009 328i E90 with 41k miles, new tires, black leather interior, and window tint? Thanks again, B.
Appreciate 0