05-25-2013, 07:05 PM   #7738
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335XI///M View Post
LPFP Aside you do you think long term it'll f*** anything else expensive up> Injectors, Lines, Etc?

Mine loves a couple gals per tank, but I dont know about running it on a permanent basis... Then again, i'm sure it's not good to run a map which timing retards out from too low octane either... What a long term quandary i'm in lol

Wish we just had good old 93 here in AZ
I'm no expert when it comes to Ethanol, but anecdotal evidence suggests the car can handle pretty aggressive mixes without trouble, assuming it can keep up with the fueling demands (LPFP as you mentioned, and HPFP at stronger mixes). In Brazil all gas is minimum E20, and to my knowledge BMW did nothing to the fuel systems of N54s shipped over there, so they appear to be comfortable with at least modest mixes. Alot of people here run their cars with E30-greater, and you see very few instances of failure linked to ethanol usage (in fairness i'm not sure how one could conclusively link a hardware failure to ethanol). Tuners are also extremely receptive to tuning with it, though that's more for performance than anything. I wouldn't worry about it man.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0