01-12-2012, 09:51 AM   #1408
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4 sDrive35i M Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag824 View Post
So if the temp is not too hot it will give you 7 sec overboost on every WOT or is there still a certain amount of time or range of driving you need? I've been looking for this info and can't find anything on it.
The overboost option to be honest I didnt pay attention other than I didnt see 14 PSI unless using LC. When the checker flag is up overboost was available. I cannot confirm if overboost is available on regular WOT runs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag824 View Post
Thanks for sheding light on this, very informative. I didn't even know our DCT was the same as the M3. I guess it just doesn't have all the extra settings and such? This now makes me want to get a tune. I thought Cobb was coming out with an AccessPORT for the "is" but I don't see anything on their site.
Since I dont have a M3 DCT to make the comparison, then I would say I dont really know. However I do know the LC on the M3 DCT is more robust but on the 335is it is more flexable to launch the car in the RPM range to a MT

BMW was thorough in revealing how to use LC on the M3 however they did a poor job on the 335is. There is soo many hidden ways to use LC on the 335is its a joke.
Appreciate 0