View Single Post
      11-28-2012, 10:28 AM   #30
luskombi
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 320i, 2007 328i, 2002 325

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPOS
I bought my car brand new and opted for leatherette over the Dakota leather. Sorry guys, but the so called "leather" that the Dakota is suppose to be is some cheap shit. My G35 coupe had better leather. The only leather I would have paid for if I didn't get the msport package would have been the individual crap. I plan to keep my 335d for a very long time and didn't want the seats to start looking like crap after the warranty ended. One thing that I do like on the Dakota is the double stitching...that almost most made me change my mind when ordering lol
My e46 had leather, my e90 has leatherette. I much prefer the leatherette. With 50k miles it still looks new whereas the leather in the e46 at 50k looked like it was in a car with three times the use. I'm leather's biggest fan but not in a bmw. I also feel the leatherette is a lot more comfortable, softer in all temps and no different in hot weather. For what these cars cost the leather quality is a little embarrassing really. Now I wish I could find a nice e46 m3 with leatherette.
Appreciate 0