View Single Post
      02-21-2013, 03:49 PM   #1
afsar
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xDrive40d

Morel Elate 5.25" (with MT-23 tweets) vs. Morel Hybrid Ovation 4" (with MT-22 tweets)

Recently I purchased a Morel Elate 5.25" on a price I couldn't resist. They also come with MT-23 tweeters (and huge heart shaped crossovers) which has pretty nice reviews across the forums I read. Now the challenge is to fit elate 5.25" in my E60. I know this is very hard job and will require serious modding. I am up for serious modding and ready to sacrifice my door cards (thinking of mounting if from outside, will seek help of a professional)

Question now is IF there is no way I can get 5.25" driver in my door cards I want to use just the MT-23 tweeters which came with my 4" Hybrid Ovation (not HO II), is this doable? Which crossover shall I use for this purpose? One from Elate or from HO?

Note: Difference in HO and HO II is tweeters (MT-22 vs MT-23 respectively) and the shape (and perhaps property also) of the crossovers.

Please suggest.