CnoteMD
Commander in Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 535i

Garage List
2008 M5  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
I actually found the commercial to be pretty funny. Even though I try not to make generalizations, there are many people who buy particular brands of cars for the image. This seems to be even more true for some brands of cars.

Of the German cars, VW has always been more of a "common" car, so the ad makes sense. A similar commercial could be used for cars like Hyundai or Suzuki (cars that aren't much of an ego booster).

I remember a few years ago, Audi had an ad showing two next door neighbors getting into thier cars in the morning. One got into an Audi, the other got into a BMW. Simultaneously, they both looked up and began to adjust the rear view mirror. However, the Audi driver then proceeded to back out of his driveway while the BMW driver was grooming himself in the rearview mirror. He then looks to his side and notices the Audi driver had already left!

At the end of the commercial they made a comment about Audi was the car for true drivers.
Appreciate 0