09-09-2008, 09:54 AM   #13
MrSteak
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' 335i Coupe (6-speed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkf398 View Post
I'm buying a 2009 328i coupe with ED in Munich this December.

After stopping by dealerships and encountering clueless and/or non-dealing salespeople in the Houston area, I emailed my specs (Premium, Sport, Nav/iDrive, Premium Sound, iPod Adapter, and Sport Steering Wheel) to ten different Texas BMW dealerships that feature Internet Sales. I told them that I was ready to buy right now and was planning a European Delivery. Five responded. Two made full MSRP offers; one wanted to 'discuss' the price with me; one (Autobahn BMW in Fort Worth) offered me $500 off retail; the remaining dealership that responded (BMW of Corpus Christi) offered $1,000 off MSRP for ED. I went with this offer and provided a $2500 deposit to start the process.

I realize that it's difficult to obtain discounts on brand-new models, but it worked this time. I would recommend this dealership, as they delivered their deal without quibbling. They're even arranging a free "courtesy delivery" to a Houston dealership to save my having to travel 300 miles to pick up the car after it arrives in the US.

If you live in Texas, keep these guys in mind!

The 328i coupe is not a brand new model. It has an minor update, but it's not like you're getting a X6, M3, or 1-Series. So there's no reason for them not to discount the car. $1k over invoice is MORE than enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc View Post
My advice is: (1) never work with MSRP -- always start with invoice/wholesale; and (2) establish a relationship with a CA. If you are doing ED, work with ED invoice. Then add about $1200 for the CA/dealer. The wholesale ED price for a 328i E93 is $31,060. The option prices (invoice ED) are zpp $3050, zsp $1320, navi $1910, 677 $795, 6fl $365. [not sure what sports steering wheel you are referring to that is not standard with zsp]. That invoice totals to $38500 + $895 shipping = $39395 Note that there is no training fee on ED.

A good deal on this car would be $40500. That is about what my CA would sell it for.

The ED MSRP is 33760 + 3350 + 1450 + 2100 + 875 + 400 + 895 = 42830

If you develop a relationship with a quality CA at a good dealership you should be able to negotiate a price that is more than 2k off ED MSRP. But the gap between invoice and MSRP will be different depending on the car and options, so again, always work with the invoice price.

This is for a new model purchase. When dealing with year-end sales (like getting a 2008 now), there may be better deals. And of course demand/availability will affect margins.

Regardless, Euro Delivery is an amazing experience and a bargain to boot. One of the best things about a BMW purchase in my book.

With zsp and a Dec. delivery do not forget to rent snowtires.
x2 ALWAYS go up from ED invoice. (Including ED option pricing as well.) There is no MACO, or Advertising or any of that shit on ED cars. And $1,000 over ED invoice is PLENTY, I wouldn't go any higher. (And I didn't, when I did my 335i coupe via ED this past June.) Some people get it for like $500-750 over invoice, but anywhere between $500-1,000 over ED invoice is good IMO. I wouldn't go to $1,200 though, but it's not a big deal.