Garage List
2011 BMW 328xdrive ...  [0.00]
2003 BMW 3series  [0.00]
2006 330I  [0.00]
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksim View Post
Words of wisdom.

At 17 you think everyone cares about you.

At 67 you realize no one ever gave a crap about you all along.

When I see another bmw/mb/lexus/audi driven by a new 17 year old licensed driver, I am thinking of how to avoid this road bomb waiting to happen. Please realize... no one cares what you drive, except other poserish 17 year olds who had mommy and daddy buy them a bimmer.

I am 28, work hard, have my own business, self employed and just paid for my first bimmer in cash. I bought it for myself, not to try to impress anyone on the road. I dont care what anyone thinks of the car, or of me buying the car. I did not buy it to make anyone jelous, nor do I think I make anyone jelous.

The moral of the story, it is not the car, its the driver and the driver's attitude. Unless you just paid for your Lambo/Ferrari/Bentley in cash, you are a nobody. Anyone with a decent credit score can get a car payment. Anyone can get a lease. You want to impress someone? Dress well in a clean pressed suit, pull up to a business meeting in your clean car with no stickers on it, close a business deal, and be happy to know you have enough saved in cash to go buy any car at any dealer in cash. Be happy knowing you control how much money you earn. Be happy knowing you have a family who cares about you, and that you will pass on your learnings to your kids.

People will remember you for who you are and what you accomplished, not what car you drive.
I am 19, I did buy my 06 e90 330 with my own cash (20k) from working 3 jobs over 2 summers in a row and getting 10k from my wrangler from insurance.. but the cars invisible now, Dying to hunt for another one!!!
Appreciate 0