03-06-2008, 07:56 AM   #19
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldingMellish View Post
Just spoke to a UK dealer, I was enquiring about a specific car, which I would be interested in buying if only the price came down to a level where it was meaningfully less than list.

More specifically, I told him than sites such as broadspeed and uknewcarsquote.co.uk were offering brand new cars for around the same price the dealer wanted for an ex-demo. And teh new car price was for the 'Edition' model, with the leather seats, sat-nav etc.

The dealer claimed that since BMW have cracked down on brokers recently, sites such as broadspeed are unable to live up to their claims, that they can't get you the car they're advertising. He didn't say why these companies continue to pay to advertise a service they can't provide.

Any thoughts?
You've got to make sure you have current info. At the moment Drive the Deal are not offering any discounts on BMW list prices.

A few months ago, before BMW UK clamped down and altered it's dealer policy they were offering up to 18% off a 335i saloon.

Broadspeed are offering around 8% at the moment, which is likely to still be achievable from specific dealers.

Be careful to read the small print on brokers prices and be aware that they are not formal 'offers' in contractual terms. Your 'contract' when using a broker is with the dealer and the broker is simply negotiating a price on your behalf.
Appreciate 0