View Single Post
      02-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #1
ians
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i 6MT, 04 TSX 6MT

Thinking of getting the S5 (any recommendation)

Hey guys, haven't been here for a while. My E92 335i still drive very strong so I am not going to replace it with a S5. Just my wife is attached to the S5 style, so I plan on buying her a 2013 B8.5 S5 and I keep the 335 for myself.

I test drove one last night (6sp MT with sport diff), it is nice, engine is powerful and very smooth but didn't drive as good as the 335, the steering feel too loose, the shift too long, the brake is not as connected...etc. I feel more like driving a Lexus. Well, but my wife love it, so I have no say but just pay for it...

Since I never like Audi so didn't know much about it. Will any expert over here have any input? such as what to look for? what kind of discount I can get over the carcost recommendation? what simple mod is a must(eg. shift knob, bolt-on)? which dealer to avoid? Which Audi forum is suitable for loacl Toronto?

And the least... I still want to persuade her to wait for the F32 before making any decision. But when compare side by side with my E92, the S5 really stands out! Even I dun like the new front of the facelift...