View Single Post
      04-03-2013, 02:04 AM   #302
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Well I'm now officially bloody broke, I finally bit the bullet and have purchased a E92 M3 complete rear end (sans dampers) and the front hub assembly with rotors calipers etc from a wrecked 2010 M3 with DCT (3:15 ratio which is perfect for my 6MT 335I) with 15000 miles on the odo in the UK.

The vehicle had been torched (so the interior was toast but the drivetrain was OK) no signs of excessive heat (all rubber brake lines etc are fine)

I was only initially going to purchase the rear end, but when it comes time to purchasing coilovers most companies wont do a custom order of Front 335i and Rear M3 (BC being the exception) so I decided to purchase the front hubs so a m3 coilover kit will fit and the front drilled rotors will match the rear now also.

Front end:

I picked up a E38 7 series prop shaft to use:

My question is what else do I need to purchase in terms of bolts nuts washers flex joint etc?

Regarding this comment below is he refferring to this item # 13 in the image below which I will need 6 of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoTechnique View Post
That's correct. The axles/side shafts have to be from the M3. If you can't get the M3 drive shaft, you can use the E39 (535i, 540i) or E38 (735i, 740i ,750i) rear half.

This is a bit more work as these drive shafts have the bolts "fitted" to the rear joint. One can smack them out with a hammer and then use bolts 26 11 7 526 322 (M10X52). This is the same bolt used on all E60 and E65 models. You will then need to modify your rear half of your shaft to take this joint.
Appreciate 0