View Single Post
      04-13-2012, 11:14 PM   #7
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Yeah that's what it does haha the website specifically states that, that is what the product is meant to do. It pretty much just colours your chips in. On a black car that shows white dots everywhere when it has chips filling them in will make the car look flawless from a couple feet away. Up close you see all the chips except now they are paint matched.

There are other chip repairs systems that use a filling substance first to bring the chip level upto the level of the paint, and then you put the touchup paint on so that the chip is now colour matched, and it is leveled with the rest of your paint so you don't see a depression.

You could try layering it, but dr colorchip is so thin it build up too well in a chip and the level of the paint will keep going lower once it cures... I think it goes down 85% or something.

If you had smaller chips that were just showing white primer through it would work like a miracle product.... how long did you let it sit? I know they say you can let the paint sit for only a couple minutes, but I know some people who said they had WAYY better results letting it sit for 2 hours.

Also when removing it, apply NOOOOO pressure or you start pulling the paint out, just let the sealact solution remove the paint.

Not sure if you already did all that, but it might help get better results if you didn't.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0