View Single Post
      01-08-2013, 11:01 AM   #1
bracken78
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E91 330i M-Sport

Idrive ipod problems

I have an idrive/iPod related problem. I hope the below makes sense and wondered if anyone has experienced this before and knows the fix?

I have a Year 2006 BMW with idrive and iPod connection. I have an iPod mini which dates back to the same year (2006) so is compatible. When I have the iPod connect all starts fine and as it should. BMW shows on the iPod screen and it starts to load the song, albums etc onto the idrive.

Let’s now say for example I wanted to select a specific album beginning with the letter N. I go to the correct section and select album and then start to scroll down the list. Once I get to the bottom of the visible albums (from memory only five albums can be seen) I cannot scroll down any further and the wheel stops turning even thought I know there are more albums available. This happens also with songs, artist etc.

In any other part of the idrive I can scroll down any list no problem. This only happens when selecting some music from the iPod.

The iPod was fitted by BMW in 2007 under a previous owner and it has always done this as long as I have had the car. Does anyone know if a software updated would fix this? I might add I have yet to speak to BMW but my car has not been to a main dealer for around 2 years (I have a good indie).

Any ideas?

Regards
Henry
Appreciate 0