View Single Post
      08-27-2011, 07:28 PM   #2241
Clap135
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2009 N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasillalov View Post
Dude, save it. I respect your technical knowledge and the amount if info you are contributing here, but I think you don't know what you are talking about.

Cobb:
1. Poor driveability on the track. Impossible to modulate the throttle correctly when coming out of a corner. Imprecise power delivery and boost control.
2. Lots of people seeing throttle closures.
3. Lots of people seeing DTCs and all kinds of other weird issues.
4. Can't switch maps instantly. Must turn off engine.

GIAC:
1. Yes you can log it. Use a BT tool and it logs everything for you.
2. Yes you can clear codes with it. Use BT tool to do everything you need.
3. Instant map switching with the hand-held switcher.
4. ZERO, ABSOLUTELY ZERO complaints from every single GIAC user.

In all honestly, so fucking what that GIAC is bit slower than Cobb!! It's driveability is MILES above it. When it comes down to driving on the track, I am willing to bet you anything that a good driver with a well sorted tune will perform a lot better than the same driver with a choppy unrefined tune.

When are you people going to learn that 1/4 mile runs and dyno numbers DO NOT tell the whole story!

</rant>
1. Using a BT tool to log Giac, is not Giac logging btw
2. Same
3. What did that cost you again?
4. Its slow, Ive also seen like 2 logs in the 3 years it has been out.

If you preach GIAC, why arnt you running it then. Put it back on your and stop complaining about the same shit in every Cobb thread.

As far as cobb issues, these recent internal dme codes were all on v300 which is already solved by cobb. The reason you hear so much more about it is becuase I would bet my ass on the line that cobb tuned cars outnumber giac tuned cars 10 to 1, and cobb has been out for a couple of months. You want a real tune, sit back and wait, you want to bitch and complain, put on your Giac tune and be happy
Appreciate 0