Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerthBMW View Post
Hey

I know I will probably get abused here but I spoke to the Stealer as my warranty expires on 22 December 2013, and discussed options for checking my car for any warranty work. They have offered to undertake a full warranty inspection for me free of charge and provide me a loaner car for the day (I didn’t ask for one)...I am getting it done tomorrow.

I guess I take the chance they pay lip service to the inspection but I weighed it up and gambled that it is some financial benefit to them because if they find something wrong, BMW Aust picks up the bill to fix it. They also are up for the cost of providing me a free car for the day so maybe I am naive but I went for it.

I will let you know if they find anything (I actually hope they don’t) and share with you the report they provide.

Fingers crossed I haven’t made a mistake but I still have time to rectify it I guess….
Well I had the car’s warranty check done and there were no major issues found with them only taking the opportunity to update the software on the car. I was pleased with the results and they were very helpful.

I am not sure if this might be connected with the software update or my paranoia but I have noticed the car has used an excessive amount of fuel since getting it back. I hope that they haven’t stuffed up the fuel consumption or how the fuel tank gauge reads the tank status - I will need to keep my eye on that. Normally, once full, the needle takes about 80 KMs before it noticeably moves from the upper marker yet I have only travelled 27 KMs since refilling and it is at that 80 KM point already.

Anyone had this problem....?
Appreciate 0